With Easy Altimeter and Compass you will get an app that will make easy for you to know your location in a map, your altitude and your heading in a compass!
Easy Altimeter has two methods of acquiring the altitude: direct GPS and Altitude Correction. Our algorithm will determine automatically which of the 2 methods is better and faster for determining your altitude based on current conditions.
- Direct GPS altitude: Easy Altimeter will get the altitude direct from the feed of your GPS. This mode greatly depends on the quality of your GPS receiver and atmospheric conditions. Keep in mind that walls, vehicle roofs, tall buildings, mountains, and other obstructions may block line of sight to GPS satellites.
- Altitude correction: Easy Altimeter calculates the earth surface altitude at your GPS position. Very reliable if you are at ground level. This calculation is slower that the direct GPS method and internet connection is required to perform the calculation.
The map has also different modes:
- Terrain: Displays a physical map based on terrain information.
- Satellite: Displays Google Earth satellite images.
- Map: Displays the default road map view.
Easy Altimeter and Compass is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-25. The program can be installed on Android.
Easy Altimeter and Compass (version 2.2.3) has a file size of 3.15 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 5 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.